[squid-users] Strange problem with squid (an application is not working but squid doesn't login any error)

From: Denis BUCHER <dbucherml_at_hsolutions.ch>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 16:18:14 +0200

Dear all,

I hope my question is not too stupid because I don't really understand
what is happening.

An application (from Garmin to update GPS devices) is working when
directly connected to Internet, but not working when using the proxy.
In the log files, the last log line from this PC is :

1280491186.070 1083 172.16.1.103 TCP_MISS/417 1874 POST
http://rmu.garmin.com/Rmu - NONE/- text/html

And then, nothing more...

It seems the application is communicating thru a POST and XML files, but
what could be the reason that makes it not working when using the proxy ?
The application is doing some other requests before this one, including
CONNECT on port 443...

Any help or advice, or any advice on how to debug more would be greatly
appreciated !

Denis