Re: [squid-users] upgrade

From: Riaan Nolan <riaan_at_viamedia.co.za>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 14:53:15 +0200

Centos meh. their repo's are so far behind they think they are in front.

It's better to upgrade. Since I upgraded things started working
properly, like external ACLs with ldap_groups in Active Directory.
No more problems for me.

> Can I leave the existing cache in place and config files or
I trashed my existing cache, so I would not know if it will work.

Don't compile it from SRC ... get the src RPM e.g
yum install rpm-build openjade linuxdoc-tools openldap-devel pam-devel
openssl-devel httpd rpm-devel
wget
http://www.jur-linux.com/rpms/el-updates/5Client/SRPMS/squid-3.1.0.15-2.el5.src.rpm
rpm -ivh squid-3.1.0.15-2.el5.src.rpm