[squid-users] Re: EXTERNAL: [squid-users] NEWBIE Q: httpd_accel_single_host?

From: AJ Weber <aweber_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 17:02:24 -0400

True, but in my case, I don't want ALL users to use the proxy. Only users
in a certain geography to cache content that's coming "across the pond".

Thus, my application is "smart enough" to know where the user physically is
located on the WAN, and will ask for the content directly from the
original/source if they are "local" to that datacenter; it will ask for it
from Squid if they are "far away".

I also don't have control over DNS entries (I can request them, but again,
the previous) sentence.

Good questions, though.

Thanks for the reply,
AJ