Re: [squid-users] Clients issuing URLs directly to Squid port, URL rewrite to translate to "correct" intended URL

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 23:36:53 +0000

http://ServerA:80/ServiceA,
> and the 2nd call to http://ServerB:80/ServiceB
>
> - Have Squid perform its normal processing on the resulting request (in
> this case, per the other email exchange, establishing an SSL connection,
> using the user's certificate, to a cache-peer Squid instance on e.g.
> ServerA, which will in turn call the web service ServiceA being hosted
on
> WebLogic on ServerA:80)
>

> It boils down to whether Squid will accept an HTTP call directly to its
> listening port, and if it does, will it shell to an URL rewriter to
process
> such a call.

Yes. Not a good idea though.
Non-browser agents more commonly use URLs in their extra headers and body
content than browsers. This type of URL breaks things very easily with
re-writing.

> Any thoughts appreciated, thank you.

Is this a further complication on top of the other thread we are
discussing SSL links?

Amos