[squid-users] filedescriptor usage observation in 3.2.0.1

From: Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt_at_charite.de>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 11:17:35 +0200

I noticed that squids use of filedescriptors is ever increasing.
Today, after a restart, the numbers would drop again - to normal levels.

I found that the decrease in filedescriptors ("cacheCurrentFileDescrCnt")
correlated in a similar decrease in the number of clients
("cacheClients").

Coulod it be that squid is not freeing or expiring cacheClients
properly? On the weekend there are only few people working at the
hospital, thus the number I saw a few minutes ago, immediately before
the restart were totall unrealistic: cacheClients was at 4.500 for all
4 proxies, meaning that everybody @charite was using the proxy...

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
  Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin