Re: [squid-users] using squid to proxy from internal lan to remote ldaps

From: Jakob Curdes <jc_at_info-systems.de>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 21:51:09 +0200

Am 17.08.2010 21:29, Derek Doucette wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has ever attempted to use squid to proxy ldaps requests to a remote site.

I haven't, but I see no reason it should not work.
Remarks:
- you will need to add the standard ldaps port to safe_ports or use port 443 for your ldaps server
- be aware that squid does not really check the content of the SSL-encrypted connection, so the protection is limited to SSL protocol attacks
- It will only work with LDAPS, not with LDAP as then squid wants to see HTTP traffic in the connection

HTH, Jakob