[squid-users] using squid to proxy from internal lan to remote ldaps

From: Derek Doucette <derek.doucette_at_plateau.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 15:29:24 -0400

Hello:

I have a java based web application that is sitting behind our DMZ. A customer we host has an ldaps instance running which I am trying to connect to through from the application server. I was wondering if anyone has ever attempted to use squid to proxy ldaps requests to a remote site. In the past the option has been to use a hide NAT at on the network side to permit traffic through in a one way to the remote ldap server, but still preventing anyone from connecting directly to the application server behind the DMZ. Making use of something like squid could simplify things from our deployment process.