Re: [squid-users] Re: Dynamic delay pool status

From: Leonardo Rodrigues <leolistas_at_solutti.com.br>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 07:30:05 -0300

> Thank you for your answer. I'm sorry if i misunderstood something, but
> you're telling me for example to allow 1Mbits of youtube traffic between
> 1PM and 2PM ?

     sure you can do it !

acl 1PMto2PM time 13:00-14:00
acl youtube dstdomain .youtube.com

# lets 2 create 2 delay pools
# one for youtube traffic between 1PM and 2PM
# the other for youtube traffic in any other time
delay_pools 2

# both delay pools are class 1
delay_class 1 1
delay_class 2 1

# lets define who will get to delay_pool #1
# and who'll get to delay_pool #2
delay_access 1 allow youtube 1PMto2PM
delay_access 1 deny all

delay_access 2 allow youtube
delay_access deny all

# now lets define the bandwidth
# 131072 = 1Mbit ... 131072 is number of bytes
# delay_parameters requires the bandwidth in BYTES PER SECOND
delay_parameters 1 131072/131072
delay_parameters 2 -1/-1

     which these confs you would get youtube bandwidth limited to 1Mbit
during 1PM and 2PM, and unlimited in other times.

     that's just an example, adjust settings to match your needs.

     check your squid.conf.default, look for the delay_* parameters to
get another explanations and options

--
	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues