[squid-users] Re: Dynamic delay pool status

From: Jean-Baptiste Denis <jbdenis_at_pasteur.fr>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 13:49:28 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 07:30:05 -0300, Leonardo Rodrigues wrote:

>> Thank you for your answer. I'm sorry if i misunderstood something, but
>> you're telling me for example to allow 1Mbits of youtube traffic
>> between 1PM and 2PM ?
>>

> sure you can do it !

I know that i can do it, but that's not what i want :) I dislike to idea
of reserving 1 Mbit for youtube traffic even if the network is idle. If
the network is idle, there is no reason to limit youtube trafic. On the
contrary, i don't want to waste 1 Mbit of bandwidth if there is no
youtube trafic.

I thought you suggest to use the time ACL with very short of time to
mimic a dynamic delay pool :)

Regards,

Jean-Baptiste