Re: [squid-users] Problem compiling Squid as a TPROXY with WCCP

From: Leonardo <leonardodiserpierodavinci_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:13:59 +0200

Thanks for your very quick answer, Amos.

Amos wrote:
> Depends on which version of Debian you use. The 3.1 releases currently in Unstable and Testing repositories have all the requirements for TPROXYv4 enabled.

So, would you suggest to do a fresh reinstall of Debian Squeeze, and
then fetch the Squid package from there without the hassle of building
it from source?

> libcap-dev is required to build.

I cannot find neither the libcap-dev nor the libcap2-dev in the
package repository for my current version of Debian (Lenny). What
could be wrong?

Thanks again,

Leonardo