[squid-users] Problem compiling Squid as a TPROXY with WCCP

From: Leonardo <leonardodiserpierodavinci_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 11:00:08 +0200

Dear all,

I need to use Squid as a Transparent Proxy using WCCP (with Reverse
Proxy function enabled) on my Linux Debian 5.0.5.

The Squid binaries available directly with apt-get aren't build AFAIK
with the transparent proxy option enabled, so I downloaded the latest
code source (3.1.6) from http://www.squid-cache.org and I'm now in the
process of compiling it.

I have installed gcc and gcc-c++ (package build-essential) to avoid
the compiler complain about missing the necessary Linux kernel header
files (Netfilter).

My compiling options are as follows:
./configure --enable-linux-netfilter --enable-wccp

Now, the problem is that I get the following error:

checking if Linux (Netfilter) kernel header files are installed... yes
configure: WARNING: Missing needed capabilities (libcap or libcap2) for TPROXY
configure: WARNING: Linux Transparent Proxy support WILL NOT be enabled
configure: WARNING: Reduced support to Interception Proxy
configure: WARNING: Missing needed capabilities (libcap or libcap2)
for TPROXY v2
configure: WARNING: Linux Transparent Proxy support WILL NOT be enabled

However, I *do* have libcap2 on my machine, and it's up-to-date
(apt-get upgrade libcap2).

Any hint? Thanks in advance for your help.

Leonardo