Re: [squid-users] Squid start page

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 21:19:48 +1200

Krzysztof Srokowski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to add mechanism , which every new user in my network
> when open a browser will get start page with terms, that he must
> accept. So far i`ve tested ir program http://www.vanheusden.com/ir/. I
> prepared information page where when user accept terms his MAC address
> is write to file, where squid reads from configured acl. It works, but
> the problem is, that after add an MAC adress to file i need to make
> "squid -k reconfigure", after that all users get again terms
> page.....so thats a problem. Is there any other solution ?

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Portal/Splash

The basic example uses %SRC (visitor IP address), but any reliable
identifier can be used.

To pass EUI/MAC address to the external ACL helper you will need
Squid-3.2 or later. Older Squid versions do not permit use of EUI/MAC
outside of the ACL testing. Please also be aware that MAC address only
identify machines directly plugged into the Squid machine.

To get the allow/deny behaviour based on clicked accept/reject buttons
you will need a slightly different ACL helper than the bundled session one.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.1