[squid-users] Re: Dynamic delay pool status

From: Jean-Baptiste Denis <jbdenis_at_pasteur.fr>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 08:08:13 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:37:12 -0300, Leonardo Rodrigues wrote:

> have you ever tried using tcp_outgoing_tos to mark your 'good' and
> 'bad' traffic and let Linux QoS system handles your QoS rules ??

thank you for your suggestion, but my connection to the outside world is
not managed by a linux box.

Anyway, even if it was the case, i need to inspect data at 7th level to
deal with QoS. I don't want to rely on port to manage my bandwidth. Of
course, it is a part of a global solution, but i need to inspect what
occurs on the http ports to manage bandwith at the http level (what site,
what content...).

It seems very difficult to me to translate the power of squid's acl into
a maintenable linux QoS configuration.

Dynamic squid delay pool is exactly what i need today to deal with the
versatility of http trafic.

Regards,

Jean-Baptiste