Re: [squid-users] Problem compiling Squid as a TPROXY with WCCP

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 21:36:57 +1200

Leonardo wrote:
> Amos wrote:
>
>> Yes. It's worth a try if possible.
>
> Just to be sure before doing a whole machine reinstall: under the
> Squeeze release, the Squid binaries available directly through apt-get
> are already compiled with support for TPROXY via WCCP and Reverse
> Proxy mode? Would you recommend the reinstall it for a production
> server?

* WCCP and reverse proxy mode are completely separate from TPROXY and
irrelevant to whether it works or not.

* A far as I can tell the Squeeze squid3 package (3.1.6) is built with
TPROXY support enabled along with the libcap v2.2 libraries determined
to be required via testing in other environments.

* I have no direct knowledge of the working state of the package.
However when 3.1.3 became available in Squeeze TPROXY support requests
here dropped. From which I assume they work okay.

NP: having just done a full Lenny->Squeeze upgrade via aptitude myself,
watch out for udev changes. There is a bit of a bump which they seem not
to have resolved yet. For me at least it involved large chunks of X11
and needing removal in order to update the kernel then those X11 chunks
having to be re-installed via a safe-mode reboot.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.1