Re: [squid-users] squid no longer aborts bad request?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 13:03:59 +1200

Kaiwang Chen wrote:
> In 2.6.STALBE21, squid immediately responds with 400 when I enter
> 'a'; while in 3.1.6 the connection expects more characters, although
> it will definitively not get a good request.
>
> [root_at_squid1 root]# telnet localhost 80
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to localhost.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request
> Server: squid/2.6.STABLE21
> Some aspect of the HTTP Request is invalid. Possible problems:
> Missing or unknown request method
> Missing URL
> Missing HTTP Identifier (HTTP/1.0)
> Request is too large
> (more...)
>

> [root_at_dev ~]# telnet localhost 80
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
> Escape character is '^]'.

> (can type in anything, and Ctrl-C will not abort connection. It just hang there)

Ctrl-C will not terminate telnet (Ctrl-] is needed for that) but yes I
see the problem.

> Is there a configuration directive that controls it?

No, just some sanity checks.

Looks like you have hit a bug in the HTTP/1.1 persistent connections
when dealing with HTTP/0.9 ambiguous traffic.

I've reproduced that in the latest code and am working on it now, but
could you please report it in bugzilla anyway so it doesn't get lost.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.1