Re: [squid-users] performance question, 1 or 2 NIC's?

From: Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa <ildefonso.camargo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 12:40:07 -0430

Hi!

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 11:11 PM, Andrei <funactivities_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Ooo... the line between Squid and the clients is 1000 MB. My internet
> connection is 12MB. Not sure if that changes things. Does it? Would it
> make a difference in that situation if clients (from 1000Mb) come on
> one line, eth0 and get cached on eth1 which is only 12MB.

I assume that MB=Mega Bits (and *not* Megabytes).

If that's the case: is the squid NIC 1Gbps? if so: these are usually
full-duplex (and = to clients connection speed), so: no, you will not
have a real benefit from adding another NIC, but, if you insist, you
could do it without changing most of your configuration, by adding two
NICs together with bonding (and a port-channel on your switch, if it
support it).