[squid-users] few questions before I start to use it.

From: nonlin <nonlin_at_erols.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 04:52:28 -0400

Hi all,

I am looking into Squid for just a basic proxy. you know Browser or app on a
workstation talks to Squid on Server.

1. how do you turn off the cache? I don't need it and it will probably
interfere.

2. I may have to put squid on a Lenix server that host websites, email, ect.
But I don't what squid to interfere with the services that are already
running, squid is to be totally separate. What should I watch out for to
keep it that way.

3. Can squid proxy a rage of ports? Some of my internet apps may let me set
them to one ip, but may still use several ports.

Love to hear you thoughts,

Nonlin