Re: [squid-users] WCCP + Squid with Cisco 2811. Not working

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 01:58:58 +0000

Sorry, I had to divert some time to the comms re-write this week.

> Please let me know if You need anymore information. It seems as if I am
> very very close now and It is just very frustrating that I cannot get
wccp
> or routing to work.
>
> -Chris

I'm trying to remember how we debugged these issues previously.
 * It sounds a lot like rp_filter deleting the packets in its
anti-spoofing security. A cache.log trace with debug_options 5,9 89,9
should show the connections arriving at Squid.

 * Sometimes it's also due to the wrong libcap version being used, Squid
requires libcap2.09 or later to set the socket spoofing privileges. The
latest libcap2.x you can get your hands on anyway would be good.

 * I don't think so but there is a chance that any other NAT rules or
mangle tables rules might be doing things? either before TPROXY matches, or
to the return packets setting up the connection?

Amos