[squid-users] Re: Persistent Server connections, pipelining and matching responses

From: cachenewbie <email2srini_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 12:19:22 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Chad, Henrik.

If we queue each request and send it after receiving the response for the
previous one, we should be okay. How will this work for HTTP progressive
download videos that support "seek streaming" (pseudo-streaming) - The first
request will result in server sending the video file (.swf file) but the
client can send a HTTP request with a different offset (either using range
requests or by using URLs like YouTube). When Squid sends out the second
request to the server, how does it match the incoming bytestream to the
actual request ? How does this get addressed for caching and non-caching
scenarios when squid gets deployed as a proxy ?

Thanks.