[squid-users] Connection speed problem with Squid.

From: Daniel Herbert-Ward <D.Herbert.Ward_at_Orcon.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 22:03:33 +1300

I have a internet connection speed of 15mbps. I have a iMac with 512mb of ram, with the squid proxy running on that machine (Mac OSX 10.4) The machine is setup for others to transparently connect to the proxy via that machine. The link between the main router and the iMac is connected at 100mbps. BUT when I do a speed test from my macbook to the iMac, it only reaches a maximum speed of 7.5mbps. and when i do a speed test to the iMac machine but with the proxy turned off, it gives me speeds of 20mbps+ so it is defiantly a configuration problem with squid, and could you please help me with this one?

Cheers
Daniel H