Re: [squid-users] Connection speed problem with Squid.

From: Giles Coochey <giles_at_coochey.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 11:12:59 +0200

On Wed, September 29, 2010 11:03, Daniel Herbert-Ward wrote:
> I have a internet connection speed of 15mbps. I have a iMac with 512mb of
> ram, with the squid proxy running on that machine (Mac OSX 10.4) The
> machine is setup for others to transparently connect to the proxy via that
> machine. The link between the main router and the iMac is connected at
> 100mbps. BUT when I do a speed test from my macbook to the iMac, it only
> reaches a maximum speed of 7.5mbps. and when i do a speed test to the iMac
> machine but with the proxy turned off, it gives me speeds of 20mbps+ so it
> is defiantly a configuration problem with squid, and could you please help
> me with this one?

I see... so you have a 15Mbps connection, sometimes it is 20Mbps plus,
sometimes you use Squid and sometimes it's 7.5Mbps...

How is squid configured? What version are you using? How are you doing
transparent squid configuration? What type of router do you have? Is this
a ADSL connection?

Too little information...