Re: [squid-users] Re: cache_dir aufs grows larger than config'ed

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar_at_fantomas.sk>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 11:56:15 +0200

On 29.09.10 17:42, Rich Rauenzahn wrote:
> This code strikes me as incorrect... Basically for files > 2GB, squid
> does the accounting wrong!

It's apparently just a filesystem overhead, which varies between filesystems
but may eat some % of disk space.

> Note that sizeof(int) is 4 in both 32bit and 64bit compilation models.
> I believe that blks * fs.blksize overflows 32bit before it is right
> shifted by 10 bits.

if you want to use filesizes over 2GB on 32bit system, you must make your
program to be 64-bit capable, and compile it that way.

the same applies about using 64bit numbers.

2B|!2B, that's a question!