Re: [squid-users] RE: SquidClient: "Number of Clients accessing cache" not getting updated

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 01:58:30 +0000

On Tue, 5 Oct 2010 20:01:51 +0530, Saurabh Agarwal wrote:
> Can someone please answer the question below related to "number of
> clients" field not getting updated even when there is a TCP HIT from a
> different IP address?

Alright, since you insist... the answer starts with "did you turn the
clientdb feature on?"

What you have asked us to explain is why a value that averages "up to
24hrs worth of unique visitor IPs" is not changing from an _unspecified_
initial value when an _unspecified_ IP is added to an _unspecified_ unique
set. With _unknown_ state whether the feature is even available and turned
on in your Squid.

To get help you need to share some details about the problem: exact
details about what is expected and what is actually showing up are the key
items. You have already listed the commands used to test the problem, we
need to see what they produce and what you are expecting them to produce.

Amos