Re: [squid-users] Change EXTERNAL IP address with Squid 3.1.8

From: Giles Coochey <giles_at_coochey.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 11:36:12 +0200

On Wed, October 6, 2010 11:25, Daniel Herbert-Ward wrote:
> Hi guys, I would like to change the external IP address of my whole
> network by using squid 3. As in, I know there is a way to show the clients
> IP address of THEIR machine when they go to a site like www.whatismyip.com
> But I have no idea on what to put into the squid config in order for this
> to work, Can you please help me??

If you are using Squid at all then when your clients go to
www.whatismyip.com they will see the external IP of the Squid machine.

The only way to change this is to change the IP address of the Squid machine.

Those sites simply display the IP that is making the request from their
point of view, and you cannot hide that kind of information, without
breaking TCP communication in the first place.