[squid-users] Wccpv2 and Linux new kernel

From: gael <gael.therond_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 21:28:39 +0200

Dear people ;-D

I had tried during the whole week to setup a correct configuration of
Squid using WCCPv2 on a linux Debian with 2.6.35.7 (self compiled)
kernel based box.

But unfortunatly, none of my research had been working.

I got a couple of questions about this situation.

First one: - ip_wccp seems to be deprecated from now on the 2.6.35
kernel, your makefile require a config.h file which no longer exist on
Linux kernel (even on the sources). Do I have to use IP_GRE instead of
IP_WCCP?

Second one: - How could I monitor my GRE Tunnel? I'd try the followings
methods without any results:

tcpdump -vX -i eth0 proto gre
--> Nothing appears, even if my Cisco router says it had seen and
connected the GRE Tunnel

tcpdump -vX -i gre0
--> Nothing appears, even if my Cisco router says it had seen and
connected the GRE Tunnel

Excuse me in advance for my bad english but I'm a froggies :-D