Re: [squid-users] a keepalive problem about NTLM authentication pass through

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 00:11:20 +0000

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 21:26:56 +0900, Mikio Kishi <mkishi_at_104.net> wrote:
> Hi, Henrik
>
> Has the following already been fixed on squid-3.1.8 ?
> I'd like to know the current status about it.

Very probably yes. The root cause of your problem is still not clear, it
may be a duplicate or side effect of one of the other keep-alive problems
which were tracked down and fixed. 3.1.8 as far as we can tell is
completely keep-alive compliant with non-chunked requests. The remaining
chunked keep-alive fixes are in 3.2 series (but NTLM in there is reported
to have unrelated issues and needs more testing).

A couple of CVE'd DoS issues and many HTTP/1.1 fixes make it well worth
the upgrade even if your particular problem is not fixed yet.

Amos