Re: [squid-users] Authenticating Across Windows Domains

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 01:47:21 +0000

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 17:30:48 -0500, "Clive Christie"
<clive.christie_at_magnarewards.com> wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> So this is my setup. I have a web filter running Dansguardian and I'm
using
> squid as the underlying proxy server. I have to login to an Intranet
Site

So you have a two-proxy hierarchy:

  Client -> DG -> Squid --> Internet
                        \-> Intranet

> on
> another domain that I am connected to by VPN. To authenticate against
the
> website I use an Active Directory account that exist on its domain,
problem
> is for whatever reason I cannot login when I disable the proxy it works
> fine
> but when trying through the proxy I am having issues. Note that this
> particular site is the only one that I am experiencing this type of
problem
> with. Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Details would be appreciated as well please...

 * what version of squid proxy? (the squid -v output may help)
 * what type of authentication? and where?
 * is the FQDN only available via the VPN with no DNS records pointing
Squid to the Internet for it?
 * are you doing any kind of "privacy" or "anonimity" removal of HTTP
headers? and how?

Amos