Re: [squid-users] Problem with ACL (disabling download)

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 17:54:48 +1300

On 01/11/10 12:46, Konrado Z wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have encountered a problem with ACL. I want to disable download all
> kinds of files for subnet specified except pdf, doc, xls, txt, zip. I
> have created officeFile file wich is shown below:
>
> \.[Dd][Oo][Cc]$
> \.[Tt][Xx][Tt]$
> etc.
>
> but,
>
> acl clients 192.168.56.0/24
> acl officeFiles urlpath_regex "/etc/squid/officeFiles"

Using -i makes the pattern non-case-sensitive.
   acl officeFiles urlpath_regex -i \.(doc|txt)$

> and
>
> http_access deny clients !officeFiles
> http_access allow all #It has to be here because it is the last line
> in my config which is associated with other ACLS
>

> doesn't work because clients cannot open even google.com. I have no
> idea, how to overcome that problem. How to write this ACL and
> http_access to work properly.
> Please help.

Please list the exact fill set of patterns you are using. One of them is
probably wrong.

You could also match the actual reply mime types. This reply ACL allows
some types and denies the rest:

  acl webMime rep_mime_type -i text/html image/jpeg image/png image/gif
text/css
  http_reply_access deny !webMime

Amos

--