Re: [squid-users] Problem with ACL (disabling download)

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 20:41:23 +0000

On Mon, 1 Nov 2010 14:41:19 +0100, Konrado Z <konradoz_at_partyinfo.com.pl>
wrote:
> Hello,
> Thanks for reply but I still have problem
>
> My all acls and http_access
> acl clients 192.168.56.0/24
> acl funWebsites dstdom_regex "/etc/squid/funWebsites"
> acl workingHours time M T W H F 8:00-16:00

There are not meant to be any spaces between the day letters above. The
above with spaces will likely be blocking all day only on Mondays or not at
all.

> acl officeFiles urlpath_regex "/etc/squid/officeFiles"
>
> http_access deny clients workingHours funWebsites
> http_access deny clients !officeFiles
> http_access allow all

NP: "allow all" means traffic from the entire Internet. That should be
"allow clients".

> But the problem for sure is here: http_access deny clients
> !officeFiles (file officeFiles is presented in the 1st post) - I have
> check it.
>
> I want that clients have an access to the Internet but download files
> only listed in the file officeFiles. But when I write
> http_access deny clients !officeFiles they cannot browse any website
> but can only dowloads these files given. How to write it, to give them
> access to the Internet and allow them download only 4, 5 types of
> files?

As requested earlier:
  "Please list the exact fill set of patterns you are using. One of them
is probably wrong."

That means the exact and full content of /etc/squid/officeFiles. Sorry if
I was unclear.

Amos