[squid-users] squid error 22 during POST

From: Colin Brace <cb_at_lim.nl>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 13:22:43 +0100

Hi all,

I have squid running as a transparent proxy on my ADSL gateway/server
box. For the most part it works fine and is indeed transparent to the
LAN clients.

However, I am encounting a recurring error white managing a remote
website running Joomla. When I submit changes to pages, I regularly get
an error message from Squid in my browser:

> The system returned: (22) Invalid argument

> The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.

This is displayed instantly; it is not a normal timeout.

If I click the back button in the browser, it usually works the second
time around

The site is physically nearby and latency is low. Up to now, I have only
seen it on just this one site.

Anyone have any idea what is going on here? Neither access.log or
cache.log are telling me anything useful, except that it is happening
with the HTML POST command.

I have squid v3.1.9 running under FreeBSD 8.1, with PF providing the
redirect.

Thanks,

-Colin

--