Re: [squid-users] squid error 22 during POST

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 02:37:18 +1300

On 06/11/10 01:22, Colin Brace wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have squid running as a transparent proxy on my ADSL gateway/server
> box. For the most part it works fine and is indeed transparent to the
> LAN clients.

This is not what "transparent proxy" means. That term means Squid is
transparent to the web server.
I guess you have a NAT interception proxy. Your mention of PF later
supports this guess.

> However, I am encounting a recurring error white managing a remote
> website running Joomla. When I submit changes to pages, I regularly get
> an error message from Squid in my browser:
>
> > The system returned: (22) Invalid argument
>
> > The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.
>
> This is displayed instantly; it is not a normal timeout.
>
> If I click the back button in the browser, it usually works the second
> time around
>
> The site is physically nearby and latency is low. Up to now, I have only
> seen it on just this one site.
>
> Anyone have any idea what is going on here? Neither access.log or
> cache.log are telling me anything useful, except that it is happening
> with the HTML POST command.
>
> I have squid v3.1.9 running under FreeBSD 8.1, with PF providing the
> redirect.

So...
  How close is the site?
  is it an internal or external site?
  is the error generated by your squid or something else outside?
  what is the exact access.log lines for the error and the working?
  what is the squid config?
  where does Squid gets its DNS from?
  what does that resolver report as the sites IP(s)?

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.2