RE: [squid-users] First post

From: David Parks <davidparks21_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 13:15:41 +0700

Hi Luke, Squid is a proxy server, it simply re-directs traffic like a broker
handles a transaction for a client so the client doesn't work directly with
the seller.

It can cache data like images so that when, for example, UserA goes to a
website, when UserB goes to that same website the images and such don't need
to be downloaded again, they are sent from the local squid. But for a single
user your browser does this caching already.

There are other uses, but far more technical.

Try this google search, I think it will get you going in the direction you
want to follow:
http://www.google.com/search?q=download+webpages+for+offline+viewing&ie=utf-
8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

David