[squid-users] First post

From: Luke <lukebbb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 22:34:10 -0700

So I have never set up a Squid web cache before but I think it is what I
need. Let me explain:
My father and mother live out in the middle of no where and currently
get their internet access through satellite service. It reminds me of
the old days of dial up. My dad uses the internet to get most of his
current event and sporting news. He is very patient but when I go there
to visit it drives me nuts. I was wondering if Squid could do the
following:
Download during the night his favorite news sites and their linked
articles so when he gets up in the morning to read the morning news it
is lightning fast. Can this be done?

Thanks

Luke Brown