[squid-users] Re: Access control problem

From: mrmmm <mrmmm_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 08:15:51 -0800 (PST)

Amos Jeffries-2 wrote:

> Your initial message said "among other stuff I have". The conclusion
> then has to be that somewhere in that other stuff is http_access rules
> which bypass the ones you mentioned here.
>
> Amos
> --

By "other stuff" i mean specific deny entries. Most of them are of type "URL
Regexp" and have just one entry per rule, and they work fine. It seems that
the problem is that for some reason when I have multiple entries per rule (a
file with a list of sites) it is not denying them properly. However, it does
appear that Squid reads them because I put a couple of duplicates in the
file (on purpose) and when squid loads I get the message:

WARNING: '.resize.yandex.net' is a subdomain of 'resize.yandex.net'
WARNING: because of this 'resize.yandex.net' is ignored to keep splay tree
searching predictable
WARNING: You should probably remove '.resize.yandex.net' from the ACL named
'denybadsites'