Re: Fwd: Re: [squid-users] Re: Bandwidth split?

From: Chad Naugle <Chad.Naugle_at_travimp.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 15:16:01 -0500

Remember, the #3 pool here, should represent the TOTAL allowed rate for
the Squid Proxy, for all users in 1 bucket. If you want to limit
individual users' bandwidth, use at least a Class 2, or Class 3 pool.

In my trial & error testing, 64000 does not directly equate to 64k/sec
in actual throughput. You need to tweak the settings to fit your
situation, until you get desirable results.

Here is my example to get up to 150-300k/sec thruput per a userid,
notice I used a Class 4 pool due to eDirectory IP -> User mappings, and
deny access to the pool outside of normal business hours, and "Level1"
employee's.

# Delay Pools
delay_pools 1
delay_class 1 4
delay_access 1 deny allowed_src
delay_access 1 deny edir_root_level1
delay_access 1 deny edir_beth_level1
delay_access 1 deny edir_far_level1
delay_access 1 deny edir_mel_level1
delay_access 1 deny edir_riv_level1
delay_access 1 deny !biz_hours_norm !biz_hours_wknd !biz_hours_ext
delay_access 1 allow all
# Hard 128-256K/sec Limit per/user
delay_parameters 1 -1/-1 -1/-1 128000/256000 128000/256000
delay_initial_bucket_level 25

Chad E. Naugle
Tech Support II, x. 7981
Travel Impressions, Ltd.

>>> "J Webster" <webster_jack_at_hotmail.com> 11/9/2010 3:05 PM >>>
This is how it looks at present.
It seems that it might be appliued as aggregate and individual?

Number Class Aggregate limit Individual limit Network limit
  1 Aggregate and individual Unlimited Unlimited=20
 2 Aggregate and individual 32000/sec, 150000 max 32000/sec, 120000
max=20
 3 Aggregate 64000/sec, 128000 max=20

Is that 64kbps on #3? Should be enough to view video shouldn;t it?

Travel Impressions made the following annotations
"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient
and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of
the information included in this message and any attachments is
notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this
message and any attachments.
Thank you."