Re: [squid-users] Re: Multiple NICs

From: Nick Cairncross <Nick.Cairncross_at_condenast.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 12:52:18 +0000

>Why such a thing against caching?
>That is the #1 speed gain (about 3-4 orders of magnitude faster to fetch
>something from RAM cache than the network).

It's nothing personal :) I'll be implementing it soon and wanted
concentrate on other areas first.

>You could also possibly check and tune the DNS ipcache/fqdncache sizes

Is the DNS ipcache/fqdn a Squid setting or OS?

>for more entries, and bump the auth cache size up enough to hold all
>your user credentials.

Could you elaborate on the auth cache size - this sounds interesting. Is
that for all authenticated users, whether authed using the ntlm or
negotiate helper? I've searched around for more info but not had much luck
other than authenticate_ttl. Is it a tag?

>To start with TMF (the measurement factory) are looking into a few
>things right now regards to the speed of 3.1. There are likely to be
>some extra speed patches in 3.1.10 next month.

Very much looking forward to see these.

Thanks again for your assistance, very much appreciated..

Nick

Squid 3.1.8 RHEL5.5

The information contained in this e-mail is of a confidential nature and is intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, any disclosure, copying or distribution by you is prohibited and may be unlawful. Disclosure to any party other than the addressee, whether inadvertent or otherwise, is not intended to waive privilege or confidentiality. Internet communications are not secure and therefore Conde Nast does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions expressed are those of the author.

The Conde Nast Publications Ltd (No. 226900), Vogue House, Hanover Square, London W1S 1JU