Re: [squid-users] Re: Multiple NICs

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 18:00:04 +1300

On 13/11/10 01:52, Nick Cairncross wrote:
>> Why such a thing against caching?
>> That is the #1 speed gain (about 3-4 orders of magnitude faster to fetch
>> something from RAM cache than the network).
>
> It's nothing personal :) I'll be implementing it soon and wanted
> concentrate on other areas first.
>
>> You could also possibly check and tune the DNS ipcache/fqdncache sizes
>
> Is the DNS ipcache/fqdn a Squid setting or OS?

Squid. http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/ipcache_size/

same for *_high, *_low and fqdn_* version of the three.

>> for more entries, and bump the auth cache size up enough to hold all
>> your user credentials.
>
> Could you elaborate on the auth cache size - this sounds interesting. Is
> that for all authenticated users, whether authed using the ntlm or
> negotiate helper? I've searched around for more info but not had much luck
> other than authenticate_ttl. Is it a tag?

For basic auth its credentialsttl for digest its the nonce_* settings.
They can be found in the example "Suggested Config" at
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/auth_param/

Amos

--
Please be using