Re: [squid-users] Ldap + active directory: bizarre authentication

From: Chad Naugle <Chad.Naugle_at_travimp.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 14:31:12 -0500

It really isn't bizzare, because that is how it is designed to work. It
uses the credentials you provide to authenticate the user, and logs it
that way.

Chad E. Naugle
Tech Support II, x. 7981
Travel Impressions, Ltd.

>>> "Riccardo Castellani" <ric.castellani_at_alice.it> 11/17/2010 2:24 PM

I tested Squid authentication by ActiveDirectory LDAP.
I tried to navigate in these 2 cases:

A) from clients which are in workgroup: if I type credentials of a
domain
user, surfing works fine.
B) from clients which are into domain: if I type credentials of my
domain
user (current logged domain user) Squid requests again me credentials !

While I type credentials of another domain user (different from my
current
domain user) surfing works !

Suggestions ?! It's very bizarre behaviour !

Travel Impressions made the following annotations
"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient
and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of
the information included in this message and any attachments is
notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this
message and any attachments.
Thank you."