[squid-users] Question for y'all?

From: Michial Thompson <michialt_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 09:00:43 -0600

My company hosts a browser based application which has a lot of Data
Entry and dynamically generated screens including Crystal Reports
Server as well.

I am trying to find a way to improve performance for my end users
which are frequently on slow DSL connections to the system that are
shared across a number of computers.

I was thinking that if I were to use something like an EMachine 1402
or other small computer like that, install Linux and a Proxy Server
and place it at the customers site and use it for all traffic to our
servers it might speed things up for them some.

How well does Squid do for caching images that are displayed on a
dynamically generated page? How well does it handle caching from a
Windows Based Server?

Not sure if this is even possible, but how does it handle dynamically
generated pages that are really static in nature, just being generated
from ASP/ASPX type pages?