Re: [squid-users] Question for y'all?

From: Jakob Curdes <jc_at_info-systems.de>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 19:28:18 +0100

Am 19.11.2010 19:19, schrieb Michial Thompson:
> How would that actually help the situation? Wouldn't doing that still
> have all the interaction with the server and it's files still coming
> across the weak/slowest link?
If you have identified the slow links of you customers as the problem,
it would not help. But if your application only works well with hi-speed
links, perhaps it would also be worth wile to chekc whether you really
need all this bandwidth. But I suppose this is a discussion well beyond
the topics of this list. And, as I said in my earlier post, if your
caching settings in the HTTP server are wrong, no proxy and no cache in
between will help anyway.

JC