Re: [squid-users] Re: ACL::checklistMatches WARNING

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 14:26:33 +1300

On 20/11/10 13:38, rgroesb wrote:

> yes, I would like to know also!
>

> My apache rules I have changed from 301 --> 302
> e.g.
>
> ~~
> RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT}
> "smartphone|rover|ipaq|au-mic,|alcatel|ericy|vodafone\/|wap1\.|wap2\.|iPhone|android|htc"[NC]
> # put your rewrite rules here
> RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://m.example.com/$1 [R=302,L]
> ~~
>
> And I have placed the following into my squid.conf to have the 302 not
> cached!
> (So mobile phone redirects, do not get cached for 'normal' web clients...)
>
> ~~
> acl broken302 http_status 302
> cache deny broken302
> ~~
>
> But I got a lot of warnings! Which I should get rid of.

Which say what?

At a guess I think they say something about requiring reply information
but being tested in a request?
  The cache access controls are tested before the reply arrives. One of
the design flaws we have not yet removed from Squid.

> Is there an easier way to communicate 1 VHOST name to mobile and desktop
> clients, but not having
> the wrong 30[1|2] results cached?

ACL type browser.

   acl phones browser -i
smartphone|rover|ipaq|au-mic,|alcatel|ericy|vodafone\/|wap1\.|wap2\.|iPhone|android|htc

   # the domain requested after redirection
   acl ourSource dstdomain m.example.com

   # don't cache the phone agents who have not yet been redirected
   cache deny !ourSource phones

In the current stable releses of Squid you can use a url_rewrite_program
to generate those redirect 3xx responses from squid instead of apache.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.3