RE: Re: [squid-users] Does squid proxy server support Streaming response?

From: Bucci, David G <david.g.bucci_at_lmco.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 13:44:52 -0500

Twitter's Stream API is doing that chunked-encoding thing where it leaves the connection open, and the server streams content of unspecified size, Amos. Like, to avoid the latency with polling (which you just use the Twitter REST API to do). I think they keep their servers from getting swamped by limiting it to 1 open connection per userid.

And I think I remember reading it only supports GET, not POST, if that matters (probably doesn't at the Squid level -- the chunked encoding is probably enough to kill it, no?).