[squid-users] statistics...

From: John Doe <jdmls_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 03:32:07 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Squid 2.7-STABLE9.
I am doing a monitoring/graphing (nagios) plugin and I have 2 questions:
The number of objects from manager info ('Store Entries') and SNMP
('cacheNumObjCount.0') differs...
Example on 2 squids: MGR: 62 and 30, SNMP: 29 and 29
I would think that the MGR numbers are the real ones...
Are they both representing the same stat?
Several values from the manager stats are missing from SNMP, like 'Mean Object
Size'...
Should I drop SNMP and parse the manager output instead?

Thx,
JD