Re: [squid-users] best practice for intercept

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 16:27:46 +1300

On 10/12/10 08:02, jeff donovan wrote:
> okay made a few changes to the conf file to bring up to 3.1 terminology. things are still bogging down.
>
> I just erased and reset the cache " squid -z " and my internet speeds are back to normal.
>

> ill run for 24 hours and see how things go. This jam up has only been with 3.1.9.
> -j

Hmm, strange that that should fix it.

It's likely to come back unless it was some cache corruption. If/when
you see it again, there are a few other things to check:
  - the size of the disk usage matches what you configured (bug 3068)
  - whether squid is running garbage collection, particularly on big
caches the swap_high and swap_log thresholds should be close together.
  - if you have delay pools active bug 3096 will be biting you.
  - check the box is not swapping. index may be more than the box can
cope with or bug 3113 and/or 3017 may also be biting.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.3