Re: [squid-users] Can Squid block rtmp ?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 02:19:24 +1300

On 15/12/10 00:30, Francesco Danieli wrote:
> Hi all,
> i need to test the fail back of my streaming server from rtmp to rtmpt
> in case the first is blocked by firewall or proxy.
> Can squid block the rtmp protocol on a specific port?
> If yes, how?

Maybe. Provided the RTMP is being passed through the proxy as HTTP you
block the port with a port ACL. Or with some other details from the HTTP
wrapper request.

Testing blockage recovery is easier though. Just set a "http_access deny
all" as the only action the proxy does. Any attempt by your software to
use it will be blocked without any difficulty figuring out how to do it
specifically.

Amos

--
Please be using