[squid-users] Cache performance

From: benjamin fernandis <benjo11111_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 15:39:26 +0530

Dear Friends,

I m going to use squid for cache purpose only.And i heard that for
squid cache performance i have to use good RAM and HDD.I have 4gb RAM
and 160 GB SATA HDD.And i have 200 users' network.So please suggest me
the same.Means can i go with this H/W specification or is there any
suggestion....Please friends, suggest me .....And in this server i m
using only squid for cache gain....so also suggest me for RAM also.

And one more thing, for better disk performace should i have to go
with raid 0 or any other suggestion.....

And what are the main squid configuration parameter for cache gain....?

thanks,
Benjo j.