Re: [squid-users] Re: Can squid be configured as SMTP/SMTPS proxy?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 19:41:52 +1300

On 18/12/10 20:27, Manuel wrote:

> I am not sure if I understood what is not capable of Squid. You mean that use

The bit that starts with "SMTP" is outside Squid capabilities.

> Squid to hide the client IP sender is not possible? This is the goal, the
> first message at serverfault is mine:
> http://serverfault.com/questions/212333/how-to-hide-the-client-ip-sender-and-show-only-the-smtp-server-ip

MadHatter gave you the answer in full detail. Use RFC 1918 "private" IPs
between your servers to restrict information about their public IPs.

A warning ...

The email wars are still going on, privacy in the midst of that
battlefield has no chance. Your request smells like a spammer trying to
setup bulletproof hosting and you will be treated as one should any of
your client machines get infected and start spewing. When it cannot be
identified individually you will find your "privacy" gateway taking its
place and the entire network blocked indefinitely by large portions of
the Internet.

Amos

--
Please be using