Re: [squid-users] Using client certs for authentication

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar_at_fantomas.sk>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 16:33:47 +0100

On 21.12.10 16:11, Sebastian John wrote:
> is there a way (or maybe a sample configuration) to use certs at
> client to authenticate against the proxy?

Afaik no HTTP client supports SSL (HTTPS) for talking to proxy. I don't know
of other way to use certs for client authentication than SSL.

> I tried some different examples found at the internet, but nothing
> works for me. How must I configure squid to request a certificate from
> client befor using the proxy.

you apparently could use squid as reverse proxy, but then it would behave as
if your client was talking to server, not to a proxy.

Due to unexpected conditions Windows 2000 will be released
in first quarter of year 1901