RE: [squid-users] Allow untrusted ssl connections

From: Chad Naugle <Chad.Naugle_at_travimp.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 13:04:55 -0500

Okay ... Firstly, you should probably compile an updated version of
Squid, using either the 2.7 or 3.1 branch from
http://www.squid-cache.org, and then install it. That version of
Squid is probably only current for your install of CentOS.

Then post your configuration, it should be under /etc/squid, called
squid.conf.

Chad E. Naugle
Tech Support II, x. 7981
Travel Impressions, Ltd.

>>> "Charles Roper" <charlzroper_at_gmail.com> 12/28/2010 12:52 PM >>>
Of course, sorry.

squid-2.6.STABLE21-6.el5.i386
CentOS release 5.5 (Final)

When I try to install the latest stable version using "yum install
squid", I
get this:
# yum install squid
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
* addons: mirror.stanford.edu
* base: mirrors.usc.edu
* extras: mirror.its.uidaho.edu
* updates: mirror.its.uidaho.edu
Setting up Install Process
Package 7:squid-2.6.STABLE21-6.el5.i386 already installed and latest
version
Nothing to do

Is there another way I should be updating?

Thanks for the reply!