[squid-users] I see only TCP_MISS

From: Artemis BRAJA <a.braja_at_primo.al>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 16:54:00 +0100

Hello everyone!

I recently upgraded to squid 3.2.0.2 and started successfully
configuring multiple squid instances on a dual core linux box with two
frontend squid handling authentication and load balancing and also two
backend instances handling caching.

                         Frontend-1---------Backend-1
                        / \ /
                       / \/
Client ------> / \
                       \ / \
                        \ / \
                         Frontend-2---------Backend-2

Both frontend instances are configured as following:
cache_peer localhost parent 4001 0 carp login=PASS name=backend-1
cache_peer localhost parent 4002 0 carp login=PASS name=backend-2

Load balancing between frontends (iptables) and backends (CARP) is
working fine, but I see only TCP_MISS/200, TCP_MISS\302 and
CD_PARENT_HIT/backend-1-2 on frontends and backends access.log.

Is this normal when squid is configured this way or there is some
misconfiguration on squids config file?

Thanks in advance!
Artemis